Online car insurance
The definitions below should be used as a quick and easy reference. For full details, please read the policy wording. The policy wording is the only version we will acknowledged in the event of a dispute.
- Medical costs in case of injury, not exceeding 80,000 THB
- Loss of organ, up to 200,000-300,000 THB
- Cremation or funeral expenses in case of death, 300,000 THB per person.
- Permanent disability, up to 300,000 THB per person.
Voluntary insurance is optional insurance, not required by Thai law. Depending on the coverage type, it may cover damage to the insured vehicle whether the driver is at fault or not, damage to third party vehicles if the driver of the insured vehicle is at fault, liability for injuries resulting from a car accident where the driver is at fault, loss of or damage to the vehicle through theft, fire or natural disaster. Voluntary car insurance is divided into five categories.
- Type 1: Comprehensive insurance, which covers damage to the insured vehicle regardless of fault in case of accident, fire, theft or natural disaster as well as liability to third parties (property and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.
- Type 2: Covers damage to the insured vehicle only in case of fire and theft, and covers liability to third parties (property and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.
- Type 3: Only covers the liability to third parties (property and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.
- Type 2+: Covers damage to the insured vehicle regardless of fault provided another identified vehicle has been involved in the accident as well as damage caused by fire, theft or flood. It also covers liability to third parties (property and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.
- Type 3+: Covers damage to the insured vehicle regardless of fault provided another identified vehicle has been involved in the accident. It also covers liability to third parties (property and bodily injury) when the driver is at fault.
If you want to insure your vehicle against damage, then Type 1 and Type 2+ are the two types of insurance you should consider.
For newer cars worth more than 200,000 THB, Type 1 insurance is probably the best option. For older vehicles worth less than 200,000 THB, other coverage types may be more appropriate (as well as being cheaper).
- Type of insurance (type 1,2,3,2+,3+);
- Level of excess (0, 1000, 3000, 5000 – for Type 1 plans only);
- Type of workshop where you want to repair your car (Any garage or Roojai.com selected garages);
- Who can drive the car (only named drivers, any driver more than 30 years old, any driver more than 25 years old, or any driver);
- Include/Exclude compulsory insurance
Don’t forget to use the “Help” button to get more detailed explanations.
Roojai.com uses many more parameters to calculate your personalized premium. Our objective is always to provide a fair price to every driver according to the level of risk we believe each driver represents. This means that good drivers are rewarded, and do not have to subsidize the cost of bad drivers.
Named driver plan: if you choose this plan, all drivers of the vehicle must be named in the policy. The full insurance cover is limited to the driver(s) named in the policy. If the car is driven by somebody not named in the policy the cover will be reduced and some damages might not be covered. By choosing this type of option, you will save the most.
Any driver 30 years old and more plan: For this type of plan, only the main driver needs to be declared on the policy. Occasional drivers aged 30 years or above can drive the car without having to be named in the policy. However, if the vehicle is driven by someone aged less than 30 years, the insurance coverage will be reduced, and additional excesses will apply. This is the second cheapest Roojai.com plan.
Any driver 25 years old and more plan: For this type of plan, only the main driver needs to be declared on the policy. Occasional drivers aged 25 years or above can drive the car without having to be named in the policy. However, if the vehicle is driven by someone aged less than 25 years, the insurance coverage will be reduced, and additional excesses will apply.
Any driver plan: In this type of plan, anybody (with an official driving licence) can drive the car as long as he/she is authorized by the policy holder to drive the car.
- Repairs at our selected garages plan: For this type of plan, you commit to do any repairs for your vehicle at one of our panel garages. Our panel has been carefully selected for the quality of their service. They also offer 12-month warranty on their repairs. We have negotiated discounts with these panel garages, and we want to pass on this saving to our customers who choose this plan.
- Repair at any garage plan: In this type of policy, you can choose to repair your car at your preferred workshop, including any Dealer workshop.
Personal Matters means you are only using your car in a private capacity: travelling for holidays, going shopping, driving the kids to school, etc. This car usage category excludes driving to and from work as well as using the car during the working day.
This car is used to travel to or from work or during the work day means that you are driving to work or using the car during the course of work to drive to meetings for example, as well as using the car for your personal matters.
IMPORTANT: please note that commercial usage vehicles and vehicles transporting passengers for a fee are strictly prohibited under the policy and will void the cover. Commercial usage means the car is used as a working tool for transportation of goods, delivery service, or as courier. Vehicles transporting passengers for a fee includes all types of taxi, ride or limousine services.
Roojai.com offers a price reduction for vehicles equipped with a car camera. In case of an accident, you must provide the camera footage if the Claims Service requests it. Failure to do so will increase the policy deductible by 1000 THB in case of an accident at fault.
You can pay your premium using one of the following methods:
- Credit card or Debit card
- Bank transfer or internet banking
- Payment via the service counter at any Tesco Lotus in Thailand
- Vehicle information including brand, model number, registration number, chassis number, car age, vehicle size, engine size. You can get all this information in your car registration book (blue book).
- Yours and the main driver’s ID numbers (if different from the policy holder).
- Your previous insurance policy if you want to benefit from your historical NCB (No Claim Bonus).
- Payment information
You can trust us because Roojai.com is a limited company registered with Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce Registered number 0205557039412. We are licenced to operate insurance brokerage business by the Insurance Regulatory Commission (OIC), Brokerage Registration No. 00022/2558. Roojai.com is part of the Primary Asia Group, founded by specialists in non-life insurance. Our underwriting partners are Krungthai Panich Insurance for car insurance, and LMG for motorcycle insurance (only over 400cc). IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, also believes in Roojai.com and invested in us, with the goal of improving consumers’ access to insurance in a transparent and cost-effective way.
- Stay calm and check if someone is injured. If someone is injured, call 1669 for emergency service and 191 for the police.
- Claim using our App or call our Claims hotline on 02 582 8866.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene if possible before the vehicles are moved.
- Don’t discuss who is at fault. Exchange details with anyone involved.
- Wait for our surveyor to arrive.
- In case a tow truck is needed, only allow Roojai.com approved towing services.
For more details check our policy book.
- Your insurance policy number, your car licence number
- Details of the accident: driver's name, date of the incident, accident location
- Short description of the accident
- Details of witnesses or persons involved in the accident
- Car insurance details: your policy number, car registration, brand and model of the film warranty or brand of film.
- Detail of the accident: driver's name, date of the accident, and accident location
- Short description of the accident
- Current location of the car or the preferred meeting point.
- You can take photos of damage and send them to us by email at email@example.com. This will speed up the process. If you choose to replace the windscreen yourself, we will not record the claim as at fault and it will not affect your premium.
- Call us on 02 585 8866. Our claim experts will advise you from here on. Take pictures of the damage.
- Download our online claim form and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the signed claim form and pictures.
- Bring your car to one of our preferred garages. They will coordinate with us to get your car back on the road as quickly as possible, with a 12-month repair warranty.
- If possible, move the vehicle to a secure location.
- Call our Claims hotline on 02 585 8866 or report your claim through our mobile app.
- Roojai.com will dispatch a mechanic to help you get back on the road or tow to the nearest garage.